Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What To Expect When In India...

I don't know how to begin. That's always the hardest part, the first sentences, the first paragraph. Thoughts forming into words, feelings being expressed. For the first time I'm at a loss for words.

I spent the last 19hours on planes & in airports. Planes in Atlanta, planes in Paris, planes in Mumbai.

A few beautiful things took place during & in between those flights. I was on my flight from Paris to Mumbai; I woke up from a short nap, lifted open the window shade & I was left breathless. I woke up to the sight of snow-capped mountains along the Caspian Sea! The sun was setting & it was -65 degrees outside.

I was then on my flight into Mumbai & the emotional reaction I had to knowing that I had entered into India was overwhelming. I watched outside my plane window as the dark sky became slowly lit up by the lights of India. I started to see the cars as they zoomed the streets this mid night.

I don't know what to expect when in India; but if my emotional reaction while arriving in India is any glimpse into what is to come - then I am no where near prepared for what India has in store for me.

India will wreck me. India will leave me joyful. India, I have no clue what to expect from you...

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment